26 August 2011

A time to be grateful

Lately, I've been having a lot going on. Things haven't been going so great, and I've found a place that has inspired a spark in me...a spark that I should be grateful for something, and write about and share it. I must admit, I didn't know much about this, and I don't know how I had missed it in my reader; perhaps the thousand plus posts in my reader covered it up, but I'm done with reader. It overwhelmed me. I'm back to reading posts as they come through my dashboard.

On to it.



This week, Maxabella Loves has inspired me to blog about what I am grateful for, so here goes:

I am grateful that I had the opportunity not only to graduate from a major four-year university, but that I had the opportunity to attend in the first place. I'm considered a first-generation college student. I'm grateful that I was able to have that opportunity, to create that path and set an example. I hope my younger sister will go to college as well, and that my brother will go back when he can.

I am grateful that I was able to get new carpet in my room, as I know it was not an easy (or cheap) feat. It looks wonderful, and though it took a lot of hard work, I was able to have something that some people may not have been able to afford to get.

I am grateful that my parents have done things for me that are beyond what is expected for a parent to do. They have kept me in their house past age 18. They have fed me, clothed me, helped me with expenses, even after I lost my job at [big circle box retailer]. They helped me to purchase my class ring yesterday, even though the cost was extremely exorbitant, even allowing me to get the diamonds set in the front. They're also coming to my commencement ceremony in December. Long story short- I am grateful that my parents are still here for me even though I'm 23 years old and really should be out on my own by now.

I am grateful that I currently have time to take off and decompress. It gives me a chance to explore myself, and to get some things in order.

I am grateful for my physical health, because I know some people right now that are having some physical issues, or have family members with physical issues, and it's difficult to see them going through such a rough time.

I am grateful for all the opportunities I've had in my life, the chances I've had to be who I am now, every person I've met, everything that has led me to be who I am today, because otherwise, I wouldn't be the person I am. The lessons, the pain, the work, the obstacles, I'm even grateful for them because of all the things that came as a result.

I'm grateful for finding this, because otherwise, I might not have thought about all the things I have to be grateful for.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Daisy, Roo and Two said...

How wonderful that your parents are so supportive! And WELL DONE on finishing your degree!!!!

♥α§ђ£ε¥™♥ said...

Thanks Daisy :)

Maxabella said...

Congratulations on graduating! 'First generation' college student is a very fine achievement and I'll bet your parents are beyond proud of you. I daresay (being a parent myself) that they would look after you until you were old and grey if they could. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...