11 June 2011

Change of Pace

I know my mom will read this, it is only a matter of time. She called out a mistake on a blog, but I haven't been able to find it, so I'll leave it be until she tells me which one it is.

Today, we went to Six Flags. We rode lots of rides, and, of course, got lots of hot, bright, Texas sun. Of course, I took the day off from my internship to do so, so some of my duties have been neglected, so I must decide whether to go in tomorrow and put in some hours, since I must put in 240 hours in the next 2 months, or if I should take the day off, since both my knees are achy, I look like I have had a lot of sun (which is true), I wouldn't be able to stand long, and I'm a tad irritable.

Did you know: Six Flags, the theme park, originated in Texas? The original park is actually in Texas. The name of the park comes from the six flags that have flown over Texas, and I'm going to see if I can do this without looking them up (they may be out of order, though)....France, Spain, Mexico, The Confederate States of America, The Republic of Texas (when they were their own country), and The United States of America (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, BINGO!). Just checked wiki for the flags over Texas, just to be sure I was correct, and, in fact, I am. If you want, you can check out the wiki. That is, if you're a geek like me and must know all the little facts about everything.

Here are some of the things we did today:

Batman, the ride. This is the roller coaster where your feet are suspended. Totally awesome.

Mr. Freeze. Abso-frikken-lutely fast ride. Blink and you'll miss the entire ride. Great for a head rush

My sister and I waiting in line for Mr. Freeze. She's the cuter one holding the camera, I'm the one leaning over the rail.

This one I sat by and watched. I found out the weight limit and was embarrassed by the fact that I was too fat for a ride.

Superman Tower of Power. Better than the one in Missouri (St Louis). We like to brag when we go there. I can see my school from the top. It's awesome. Usually I go on it twice, but this time I didn't

Shock Wave. You can't see the coaster from here. Best experienced at night, when they turn the lights on the track on. Totally awesome.

The train. I tried to catch the beginning but someone stepped in the way. It's ok, it's not a real big attraction. Mostly it gets in the way when you're trying to walk across the park.

Observation tower. Often closed for wind. Today was closed for wind. Not surprising.

New Texas Giant. Same as the old one, the wooden coaster, but with metal tracking added, making it a much smoother ride. Was closed for renovations for two years, and reopened this year. It's completely amazing. The only down side is that I hate tunnels, and it has three.

The Chicken Coop on the Texas Giant. Yes, they embarrass you if you chicken out. Yes, they even make noises, chicken noises. It's hilarious, unless you're really freaking out because of anxiety purposes. Then, I feel bad.

Texas pride at the Texas Giant. (Taken from the 2nd seat from the front of the coaster)

Even the trash can has Texas pride

Truly Texan- The instructions in English on the left, in Spanish on the right, and on every ride, they are read in both languages. *smh*

After the day is done- my shoulders/chest are not sunburnt- they are merely blushing. Camera attention, you know. Plus, I'm tired.

So, that is my day at Six Flags. I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm a tiny bit red, and I have hours that I need to make up, but can't decide whether I should do that next week and squeeze a lot of homework into tomorrow, or spread homework out and put the hours in tomorrow.

Season passes. I'm gonna use the heck out of my season pass. I love Six Flags. I just have to find the time to use the heck out of it. Probably when the boys are doing something off campus and I can't tag along *aw shucks. Guess I'll have to go to Six Flags instead* *disappointment*. Maybe I'll shed a tear for dramatic emphasis. No really, I do plan on going to my internship if they don't have anything else planned that I can't go to. If they're going on a field trip or something, I'm gonna be hitting up those coasters, though. I didn't even see half the park today.

By the way, today is my Aunt's Birthday. Happy Birthday Aunt Cindy!!!!

SWEET!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

Sure there only used to be one Six Flags, and it was named for Texas's six historical nations, which you can also see inlaid in the floor of the State Capitol rotunda. Six Flags was right there in Arlington where this one is, and much smaller, but equally as much fun.

I remember going as a kid and being completely exhilarated and it wearing out my parents who were riding herd on us three, one of us quite small. I guess I was a teenager the last time I went, which I think was with a church youth group.

When I rode the school bus, third grade or so, in Nashville, somebody was reading a brochure for Six Flags and I read over their shoulder, thinking I would NEVER get to go to such an interesting place. But as it turned out - !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...