28 January 2011

A change of pace

Well, as of late, things are a little bit crazy; therefore, fewer blogs are appearing. It's sort of a good thing, now that I have my internship. It makes my schedule a little crazy, and I'll be there every day of the week except Sunday (!) but I love the place, so I can't complain.

A few months ago, I would have never imagined myself in this position. I knew that I had a field placement that I had to complete before graduation, but I had been going to school so long that it just seemed like it would never end. Now, the end is in sight! Plus, I got the internship that was my first choice, although the details weren't exactly what I had in mind. Despite this, I think I'm just as happy as I would have been, because I was ready to give this a chance, and it was worth it.

Why am I writing this? Well, there are a few things. Sometimes, when I get so busy, I tend to get run down a lot and feel a bit crazy. It does affect my mood and thoughts. It'll also affect the frequency of my blogging. Last semester, because my classes involved a lot of computer interaction, I was able to take a break and write a blog. Well, company policy doesn't allow the personal use of their computers (even though I wouldn't get on anyways whilst at my internship, not a good display of character). I'll be interacting a lot less with computers, and a lot more with people. Basically, I can't write as much. I won't have time, and I won't be around computers as often. I will write when I have the time, from time to time. Not often though.

This is a good thing, that the end is in sight, but it's a little bit frightening, because my mind can't seem to process yet what comes AFTER college....I've been there so long that I don't know what it's like to NOT be there. I've never just simply had a job, except over breaks in the past, but even then I had to busy myself somehow. I'm afraid it'll drive me a little batty, having a job then coming home to....well, not homework. Lol!

Time to gather myself to travel and be the best intern in the world! (ok, exaggerated, but I need confidence, right?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...