I've decided to release the grades I do have- I got an A in Psychology, and an A in Economics. Point-wise, I'm pretty certain that I got a B in my social work seminar class, and a Pass (the class is pass/fail) for my internship. The last two I'm not certain on. I got a 90 on my take home final for economics, and a 100 on my take home final for psychology. Pretty darn good, I'm proud. Now I'm 2 classes away from graduation....woohoo!!!
I've decided recently that I need to start eating better. So far today, it's been some tuna, a diet coke, and (shame on me) a bowl of ramen; I had some grapes too. Odd combination, I know. I need to get more healthy food in the house, though, before I can eat more healthy food, right?
It's strange, soda seems to be losing its carbonation. That makes me completely turned off to the cravings for soda. I don't know why that is, it's never happened before. I guess it's a good thing, since soda isn't that great for your body or teeth anyway, but I'll miss it. I do like soda and carbonation. Even just carbonated water. But if I can't taste the carbonation....I guess I'll have to find something else? I've mostly just been drinking Diet Coke and Cherry 7Up anyway.
I've started doing more exercise (before I was just doing little stuff). Okay, I'm still doing little stuff, but I'm doing more little stuff than I was before. By little stuff, I mean extremely little, like parking farther away, taking the stairs, picking things up (and just moving them around), making obstacles for myself, doing a long jump in the hallway....
Did I mention the hallway thing? Well, we figured out what the problem was. On the other side of the wall to the hallway, the refrigerator/freezer was leaking. Spilling over into the hallway, and leaking into the carpet. Making the hallway to my room (and nothing else) impassable :(. I learnt how to long jump over the puddle in the carpet (otherwise it was all mushy and gross). We thought it was something coming from underneath the foundation that would be extremely costly to fix, and I panicked, thinking it would be something that would prevent me from graduating from college (but it wouldn't have anyway, I was panicking over nothing).
Basically, I want a healthy lifestyle. Or healthier. Or something.
And I want my 100th blog to be a 100 list of something.
Oh, and I'm starting volunteering back at the Mental Health Association of Tarrant County again this week (along with being an intern at the Mental Health/Mental Retardation of Tarrant County)....just cause I wanna.
If you have any ideas for my 100 list (since that has to be my next blog) please comment below, send them to ashlw87 (at) gmail (dot) com, or leave me a note on twitter @ashley_1187 (I know I sound desperate.....it's because I am!! I may even go back and combine old blogs to add a new one until I find just the right one for #100)
I have received my second versatile blogger award :)
For this one, I am to tell 7 things about myself, (I think?) and then pass it on to 15 other bloggers.
- I love to eat tuna straight out of the can, no lies! I have since I was a kid, because my dad did it, and everything my dad did was cool. That's also why I eat tomatoes plain, and I love Diet Coke. I did not, however, pick up his love for all things spicy.
- I haven't picked up a Texan accent even though I've lived here 73.913% of my life (and yes, I calculated that). I do not, however, have a geographical location to which I can pinpoint my specific dialect.
- It's easier for me to comment on other peoples' blogs than it is for me to write my own, and often my blogs are inspired by something I see in someone else's archives (but I don't take what they write- I use my own ideas, but their topic gives me something to start with and put a spin on)
- I graduated salutatorian of my high school class in 2005, yet I'm graduating 2.5 years late from college. Nevertheless, when it comes down to it, I'm graduating, and I never quit. [cue music] I am Iron Man duh nunununununu nuh nuh nuh....
- I remember the dance that the colorguard would do to that song when we were sitting behind the band during the football games at the high school, even though that was years ago. And it still makes me laugh. =P
- I'm a casual girl- I prefer blue jeans and a T-shirt; you wouldn't know it by my wardrobe. My clothes are mostly dressy pants and shirts, because of my internship- I want to look professional because I look several years younger than my actual age, and I have to command respect somehow.
- Even though I have an OCD streak, my room looks messy. That's because I have my own way of organizing things. It looks messy, but I know where the majority of my things are at. I guess it's just a lazy form of OCD. If it's on my window seat or butterfly chair, it's clean. dresser is for things I may need to grab on my way out the door. Nightstand is for anything I may need to use at night or when I wake up in the morning. etc.
Now for the 15.....this time round, I have a lot more to choose from, but I have to choose a lot more. Now, please don't be upset if you don't see yourself on this list, because I really have a lot of good blogs to choose from. I am also not repeating any from my last award, so you may check here to see if you are on the last list, ok? Drumroll please? (In alphabetical order, not order of value)
- Absolutely Narcissism
- Are You Serious
- Confessions of a Recovering Cynic
- Dry Humor Daily
- Inspiration strikes. In the Kneecaps.
- Is that a garage door on my ceiling?
- Life According To Candice
- my cyber house rules
- Riding the Short Bus
- Sara Swears a Lot
- Seriously??... Reeeally?... Seriously?
- Simple Dude in a Complex World
- The Blog O' Cheese
- The Hot Mess Chronicles
- You've Got To Be Kidding Me
I think that's 15. I did a bulleted list to help, in case I lost count. Good news....I may get an iPod to replace the one that took a bath in Diet Pepsi!! (a complete accident that made me very upset...but covered under insurance....woot!!). Anyway, ciao for now.