02 November 2011

Eight Lines of Insecurity

I am always unsure of myself in some manner.

I've been like this for quite a while, and I'm not sure how to shake it, even if I don't show it.

Sometimes I exude more confidence than I really actually have, which can work to my advantage.

When I look back though, sometimes I wonder if it was actually a lie to pretend to be confident, when I have little self-esteem.

This is one of the problems I think that I will face for much of my life. Another problem with my self-esteem is that I have a very clear perfectionist streak running through me that I've never been able to fully address.

When I fail to meet my perfectionistic goals, I feel less confidence in myself, and thereby, my self-esteem is lowered, whether I actually did a good job or not.

Nevertheless, I carry on, because I know that there are many things I must do in life that I will always be unsure about.

Will I ever learn how to be confident in myself?

3.) Write a post in just eight lines. (inspired by Mommy Nani Boo Boo)

Photobucket


 

3 comments:

Savannah McQueen said...

I just had this conversation with another friend. What has happened to my self confidence? Did I lose it when I became consumed with being a mother and teaching my children? Neither of us had the answer, but we decided that we should just deal with where we are now.

Marie at the Lazy W said...

YAY for your honesty. I wish I could give you exactly the words you need, but authentic confidence will really come from within you, from you seeing yourself in a different light, but that can start with accepting others' confidence boosters first. I have had bouts of crippling insecurity too, and it manifests in all kinds of ways. Very best wishes!! xoxo
found you through Mama Kat
thelazywblog

Arnebya said...

I agree wholeheartedly w/Green Goose. It'll come, that constant "I got this" feeling. But it'll come from inside you. Cut yourself some slack and remind yourself often how great you are (even when you aren't really feeling it). I think as women it's a given that there are times of insecurity. But, we have the power to combat it. You just have to regularly channel the times that you are pretending to be confident into actually accepting that you are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...