11 August 2011

Day 11: Say WHAT?!

Day 11: Favorite band/artist

Say what? OK, this one is not at all easy. In fact, I may as well just say pick a random name out of your head, aside from Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Justin Beiber, and a few other choice artists here and there that I haven't liked....I like most music.

Genres on my phone (Evo) include- Alternative, Alternative/Punk, Alternative Rock, Avantgarde, Blues, Classical, Country, Country Love Songs, Dance, Electronic, Emo (I didn't even know that was a genre...), Hip Hop/Rap, Hip-Hop, Indie, Karaoke, Latin, New Age, Oldies, Pop, Pop/Soul/Jazz, Punk Rock, R&B, Rap, Rap/R&B, Soul/R&B, Techno, and a gamut of "Unknown" (how the heck they couldn't put them in one of the above is beyond me, but hey! it's ok...)

I guess my favorite would have to be Pop or Rock. I change to Country stations all the time though, and I like Alternative and Oldies too, and I dabble in other areas. I don't really like to play favorites because I think every artist has something to say in their music, so I'm not going to be a fanatic and start following a single band or artist. You kind of miss out on everything else that's out there.

I did have a short time where I had a few favorites, and I do lean towards certain artists when I'm in certain moods...Nickelback, Blue October, Owl City, Green Day, Adele, Alanis Morissette, All-American Rejects, Bowling for Soup, Evanescence, Good Charlotte, Lifehouse, Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, One Republic, Paramore, Rascal Flatts, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Script, Three Days Grace, Three Doors Down....how to narrow it down? I have no clue. I just listen to whatever hits me as interesting when I'm flipping through shuffle.

And, when a new song comes out, I don't care who sings it. Generally, I can tell if it's an artist I don't like, because the voice makes my ears resonate this sound that makes me cringe. Then I change the station. Then I ask my sister (later) who sings it, or I wait until I have a chance to look it up, and...bingo, I'm usually right =P

If it's not one of my banned list of artists, I generally get a feel for the song, and if I like it, I'll take note of a line in the song, look up the lyrics, and get the song, and usually it's then that I find the artist. Favorite artist? Nah. If I judged by artist, I'd miss way too many good songs. I know sometimes, I get to listening to my music player too often, new songs will come out, and I'll be like "hey, never heard that song before, it's awesome!" wishing I had heard it sooner...meaning I shouldn't have listened only to my music player. Open mind, open ears, and you hear a lot more.

*steps down from soapbox*

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...