07 September 2010

Blue

This post is about.......blue. The color, the song (da ba dee), the farking headlights, lots of blue.

Listen up here's a story
About a little guy who lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything is blue like him
Inside and outside,

Blue his house
With a blue little window and a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself, and everybody around
Cause he ain't got nobody to listen....

That song makes me think back to a lonnnnnng time ago. I was living in Killeen at the time, I was in middle school, and my best friend Liz and I went skating ALL the time. Liz and I were glued at the hip, I swear, and this was one of the songs we used to hear at the skating rink. One of our little things was that we believed this song said "I'm blue, I'm in need of a guy"....instead of "da ba dee, da ba dai." We got a pretty good laugh at this one, and I still think of that every time I hear this song, which isn't so often anymore. This was back at the turn of the century- maybe 1999/2000.

Those were the days. Back before I moved to North Texas, when I still had a bestie, I went to part of elementary, middle, and part of high school there. I'll probably mention it a lot, because that's such a nostalgic time for me, and I still like to remember what it was like there, because it stands in stark contrast to the way my life is now, after moving, after high school, etc.

Brrrrrr my feet are cold- it's been raining all day, and I pretty much walked across campus all day, and I got home less than an hour ago. I'm (kinda) short, so all my blue jeans fit a little long, and the bottoms of my jeans, as well as my socks, are soaking wet. I can't help that my pants drag the ground! And my feet....well, I couldn't do anything about that. Hopefully a warm shower will help. Don't get me wrong, I love rainy days, but coming home all soaking wet isn't one of the joys of my life.

So, blue. You know those blue headlights that some cars have? Those things are demonic and distracting and outright annoying. Where did the idea for those "blue" headlights come, anyways? Don't people think that in their quest to "see better at night", they'd have to blind someone else with their incredibly ostentatious and annoying lights? (yes, I used the word ostentatious. I like it. Shut up.)

Well, I saw someone tonight that had a blue headlight. Yes, one. One blue headlight. I wanted to get out and go wrench it off his car because his headlights didn't match. It would have still bothered me if he had both blue, but one blue headlight is possibly the worst thing I've seen on a car in a long time. Don't forget, I live in the suburbs of Texas, and there are some incredibly horrendous things that people do to cars (or, what they like to call cars, that have 4 wheels and resemble a car). Dude, you could at least have matching headlights. Preferably the non-blue kind, but apparently you think your own vision comes before everyone else's on the road, because you have a blue headlight. Are you too good for matching headlights? Do you think you're too good for blue headlights, but you're not good enough for NORMAL headlights? Or the other way around? Explain to me, I really want to understand. By the way, if this is you, by God do SOMETHING to fix your headlights. I never want to drive in front of you again, k? kthxbai

And more blue. Since I was forced to speak in class today (lucky it wasn't too bad, though), I was forced to think upon other times that I had to speak in front of class, and one speech always comes to mind. We had a semi-impromptu speech- that is, she gave us the topic, a few minutes to write notes on it, and then we were to present. Unfortunately, when it was handed out, I wasn't in the room (I think I had gone to the restroom). My topic was "If you were a color, what color would you be, and why?" Totally a high school topic, right? This was surprisingly a topic for my college speech class!!

Well, I originally chose blue. But then....how do I rectify this decision? I have to speak about it?!?! Oh noes!!! Well, I chose sort of a Caribbean Blue. Why?

When you think about looking out over the ocean, the one color that comes to mind is blue- the deep blue of the ocean. When you look out onto the horizon from the ocean or shore, you see a thick blue blanket on top, but there is so much more underneath. The ocean is full of life, constantly moving and changing, kind of like people. When you look at a person, you see the outside. You see colors, shapes, but not what's inside. One, you don't see their internal organs, their brain, blood, or guts. Two, you don't see their thoughts, their feelings, their emotions, their desires. The ocean is like that, a blanket of blue, but with so much more underneath. The color blue can represent the nature of human beings; that is, you can see what's on the outside, a layer of blue, within which there is contained a multitude of life that is difficult (or impossible) to fathom. So, if I were to represent myself with a single color, it would be a Caribbean-like blue, because it definitely represents who I am, and the type of person I can be.

I'm blue, da ba dee, da ba dai!

Peace, Love, and Music ☮♥♫♪

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...