15 December 2010

Maybe I kept a drummer......

We all know the 12 days of Christmas song, I'm sure. And there are tons of parodies out there for that particular song- my brother was just playing the terrorist's 12 days of Christmas before he left for work. Every time I hear that song or a parody of it, though, I'm reminded of this song we learnt in middle school that is ALSO a parody of that song.....it just makes it a big more twisted.

  1. The first day after Christmas, my true love and I had a fight; and so I chopped the pear tree down and burned it just for spite! Then with a single cartridge, I shot that blasted partridge
  2. The second day after Christmas, I pulled on the old rubber gloves and very gently wrung the necks of both the turtle doves
  3. The third day after Christmas, my mother caught the croup. I had to use the three french hens to make some chicken soup
  4. The four calling birds were a big mistake for their language was obscene
  5. The five golden rings were completely fake and they turned my fingers green.
  6. The sixth day after Christmas, the six laying geese wouldn't lay. I sent the whole darn gaggle to the ASPCA
  7. On the seventh day what a mess I found, all the seven swimming swans had drowned.....
  8. The eighth day after Christmas, I gathered up the........
    1. 12 drummers drumming
    2. 11 pipers piping
    3. 10 lords-a-leaping
    4. 9 ladies dancing
    5. 8 maids a-milking....
(well, I may have kept one of the drummers) and sent them back COLLECT!  I wrote my true love, we are through love, and I said it in so many words, your Christmas gifts were the (four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pair treeeeee) birds!!

I'll never forget singing that in choir class. I also enjoyed the Carol of the Bells, to which I know all parts (1st and 2nd soprano AND alto), and I still don't resent it. Actually, I like the ones we sang in choir for some reason, and have a distaste for the rest. I sang in choir for many years- 2nd grade all the way until graduation. Then I didn't have a choir to join. I miss it, and I want to go back to it. *sigh*

It's come to my attention that I haven't bought anyone anything for Christmas yet, and my guilt is kind of starting to set in. I haven't had a job in over a year now, who's gonna want to hire me now? And I'm completely broke. I was so incredibly stupid for ruining what I had. Now that I realise it, there's nothing I can do about it, which is unfortunate.

It's been a depressing time, not having a job. I feel a bit inadequate, and kind of like a loser. I don't even have my degree yet, and I was supposed to (originally) graduate with the class in May '09. Now I'm going to be graduating with kids who were freshmen/sophomores when I graduated high school, and it's not because I skipped college or anything, but because I took so damn long. :( Not having a job, though, has given me more time to advance to a place where I'm much closer to graduation, and I'm starting to feel a little more confident, yet scared about it.

I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I'm considering grad school, to become an LCSW (licensed clinical social worker) or LMSW (licensed masters' of social work). My parents don't seem to think I can do it. My aunt, though, who works at the University of North Texas, seems to think I can do it. Now, she works at a university. My parents never went to college. Who am I to believe? So I've been asking around. Some people do think I can handle it, the majority actually, but some know that I have my limits and it gets pretty bad and intense when I lose control of something.

Money would be an issue, because grad school is expensive! Although there are teaching positions that I could take, because a lot of graduate students take on the role of teaching some of the undergrad classes. Also, if I stay at UTA, I can waive between 17 and 20 credit hours, I think it is, meaning I'd knock out a LOT of classes right away. Plus I'd be familiar with the university, professors, buildings, classes, etc. and I enjoy learning. Plus I really want that Masters' degree! That night, my fortune cookie read: "You should tackle that task you've been considering".

Now, I know that fortune cookies from these restaurants are mass-made and they just have a bunch of phrases they put out there, but what are my chances of pulling THAT one on the night I had been discussing grad school with my aunt? I'm not a big believer in astrology or tarot cards or anything like that, or even fortune cookies, but....I think the stuff is interesting, and I'll probably have a blog on that on a later date.

Anyway, back to the topic, we put our tree up tonight, and I got out my little ghetto iridescent tree with my little blue and white ornaments and set it up. I finally found a practical use for my biology book- to stand on to make myself taller when I need to reach something!! LMAO. So our family tree is up and has lights, my ghetto tree is up (but is not going to have anything under it, sadly). Oh, and I start my internship Thursday. I'm uber nervous!

Well, it's getting late, so I'm gonna go, since I'm pretty tired, and it'll probably be good to start adjusting my body clock to match those of 8-5 people, since I have that internship. Honestly, I think everyone should conform to a later time, but some people are morning people, which I've just never understood- another potential future topic. Until then, auf weidersehen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...