12 March 2011

One Year, Today.

Update- Oddly enough, the post time happened to be 12:03 (12-03, date of the incident. *cringe*)


 Today is a trigger day for me. One year ago today, 12 March 2010, I was in a car wreck. I almost lost my license because the first responding cop suspected me as incapable of safely driving, and I had to go to the DMV and take a driving test, which was more than what I had to do to get my license in the first place. No tickets were issued, but my car was wrecked pretty bad (I lost use of it for a month waiting for repairs after those at the scene declared it totaled). I have to thank my mom and dad for fixing that for me. ♥♥♥


Sometimes, I still have nightmares where I see myself running into a late 2000s model Cherry Red Escalade. I still flinch when going through the intersection of Hillside and 731. I instinctively hit the brakes. I avoid it as much as possible. All in all, it's just a bad place for me, bad day for me, etc.


12 March is now a trigger day. I don't want to go anywhere near anything with wheels today. I'm scheduled to show up at my internship, although I'm not required to, and there will be no reprimand if I don't go. I'd get my new sunglasses today, but I'm so frightened by the thought of climbing into a car on 12 March. I definitely will not be drinking a strawberry limeade from Sonic, as I was soaked in strawberry limeade at the scene. Right before spring break.


In other news, the highlight of this year's spring break will be going to prison. Yes, prison. Ask me about it if you want. It won't be so bad.


I also have Bs in my TCC classes, and an A in my social work class (so far), and mostly positive feedback from the internship. I wear my game face well, I suppose. I just don't feel too good about it right now- early in the year is a bad time for me because a lot of things have happened during the first third of the year. Hopefully, things will improve soon. Until then, I'll just have to use the coping skills I've learnt through classes and counseling. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...