13 September 2010

Accomplishment

There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when you've made it through a long, hard day, and got a lot done. Today was one of those days :D

I started out the day going to biology, where OF COURSE I was early (which is a very good thing for me). I'm not much of a morning person, so just the act of showing up on time is VERY impressive, especially considering how far away I live. Funny, though, dragon professor, who locks the door at 11.44 so nobody else can come in, and gets ticked off if they try, showed up LATE. I wanted to shut the door on her, and give her a taste of her own medicine. :P She's lucky I'm too nice to do something like that. Anyway, she did a lecture on Mendel and the Punnet Square- stuff I learned years ago, so there wasn't much to the lecture.

Afterward, I drove to UTA intending to go to the careers office. Unfortunately, I didn't know they had moved their office. I parked my car, got out, walked approx. .5 mile, got there and....there's a sign that they moved! So I run back to my car (keep in mind it's about 100 degrees out still), pull out, and realize that Davis Hall is ALL the way across campus.....and worse, they don't let students park at the building, only faculty, staff, and visitors. Huge parking lot, but students are not allowed, even though it's usually half empty because only the people who WORK in the building actually use the lot. Gah, and I pay $120 for this parking, too. So I park at the nearest parking lot- another ~1 mile, and walk to the building. There---- they have me fill out a form with my name, email address, student number....and the rest is processed online. WTF?!? So I could have gone through this WHOLE process online! Basically, what I'm looking for is assistance finding a job, because they do that especially for students. Now I have to finish filling in information online, upload a resume, and submit it for approval.

After all this, I drive down to the activities building, because I've decided to be a little bit healthier, and exercise some. I did the elliptical, bike, treadmill, then I jogged/walked about 3 miles (~ half jogging, ~ half walking). I was exhausted, I usually don't do this much exercise at once, but I'm determined! Once I did that, I finished some homework downstairs on the computers, then drove home.

This was an unusually busy day for me. Tomorrow will be busier, because I have 2 morning classes, an appointment at 2, and class at 6. I'm gonna try to fit some time for exercising in there, since I plan on doing that every day now. I also have to have my group picked out for my policy paper (which is proving VERY challenging, because it seems I'm the only one who wants to study policies dealing with mental health). Hopefully, by tomorrow, someone will agree to work with me? Maybe it's because I'm awkward to be around or something....idk.

Alright, time for a joke I got in my email today :D

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.  

'I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news,' he said as he surveyed the worried faces. 'The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant.
 

It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN
.
 

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked, 'How much will a brain cost?'
 

The doctor quickly responded, '$5,000 for a male brain; $200 for a female brain.'


The moment turned awkward.
 

Some of the men actually had to 'try' not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women.

A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, 'Why is the male brain so much more than a female brain?'
 

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, 'It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price the female brains a lot lower because they've been used.'



Alright, well, just thought I'd share a joke with everyone ;) Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...